Chiefmall.com - Terms of Service
This Terms of Service is effective as of May 16, 2008.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Chiefmall users.
- You may not use the Chiefmall.com service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the Chiefmall.com service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Chiefmall.com or modify another web Site so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Chiefmall.com.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Chiefmall members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Chiefmall, violate any laws in your jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright laws and State laws governing contractors ("Contracting").
- Chiefmall.com does not imply a contractor has a license nor is a contractor. Consumers should always exercise caution when contracting for services and always check state references to verify whether or not a license is valid and required.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Chiefmall.com account. While Chiefmall.com prohibits such conduct and content on its Site, you understand and agree that Chiefmall cannot be responsible for the content posted on its web Site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Chiefmall.com service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Chiefmall.com service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The Chiefmall service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on Chiefmall to outside web Sites. This use is accepted. However, pages on other web Sites which display data hosted on Chiefmall.com must provide a link back to Chiefmall.com.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Chiefmall service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any text and images you have stored in the system.
- We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
- Chiefmall undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Chiefmall to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through the Site, including, but not limited, to the Service, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
Information Collected Upon Registration.
If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to Chiefmall. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for the Service, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address, city, time zone, telephone number, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile.
Your full user name and your photo, if you decide to upload one, are displayed to people in the Chiefmall network to enable you to be viewed by people on Chiefmall. Once a member, you may provide additional information in the profile section, including but not limited to your job description, your location, as well as your personal web Site, if you have one. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself and find opportunities in the Chiefmall system. If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you.
Use of Contact Information
In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our Service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a web Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain, from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the "Site" technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms of Service
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Chiefmall cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process, including subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Chiefmall or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
If you are a registered user of the Site, you may access and update or correct the information you provided to us by contacting us.
Chiefmall is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site contains links to other web Sites. The fact that we link to a web Site is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party web Sites. These other web Sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other Sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other web Sites you visit.
Our Policy towards Children & Illegal Immigrants
The Site is not directed to persons who are legally not able to work, whether under age or within a country unlawfully. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files.